A simple registry office wedding ceremony will cost you between $370 and $635. For this you have to go to the registry office in business hours to submit your NOIM, you have little say in the ceremony content, you may not meet your celebrant until a few minutes before the ceremony, you can’t be even 5 minutes late (not that I am advocating arriving late for your wedding), you will not have a rehearsal and you have to go to them, they don’t come to you.
My very reasonable fees are payable in 3 approximately equal parts. These fees include:
- Booking and NOIM Lodgement -$250.00 payable within one week of booking
- Creating your marriage record with BDM, generation and receipt of your NOIM
- Access to a wide range ceremony samples and preparation materials
- Meeting at my home with you as often as you feel necessary – often it can be a little as twice or as much as 5 or 6 meetings, phone calls, emails etc.
- Ceremony Preparation – payable 3 months before the wedding.
- Drafting and editing your bespoke wedding ceremony in time for revisions to be made so it is exactly as you wish.
- Ensuring the legalities of your marriage are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Preparation of your Marriage Certificates.
- All sundry items needed to prepare your ceremony, manage the legalities and register your marriage.
- Ceremony Presentation, Marriage Registration and all Marriage Certificates payable 2 weeks before the wedding.
- Attending a rehearsal at your venue at a mutually convenient time.
- Presentation of your ceremony in a warm, fun & friendly yet thoroughly professional manner.
- All travel expenses if your wedding is in the Hinterland.
- The use of a quality PA system to ensure all guests hear your ceremony and vows.
- Registering your marriage and arranging for your Official Marriage certificate to be posted to you. There is a BDM fee, for which BDM will contact you.
My fees are very much middle range as I believe in offering a professional service at a fair fee. Fees are most often paid by bank transfer but I am happy to discuss alternate arrangements.
Information supplied by Merlin Coughlan, Montville Maleny Wedding Celebrant